7 Tips On Spring Yard and Garden Prep
- Apply Crabgrass Preventer to your lawn in early spring followed by a Weed & Feed application around eight weeks later for a healthy green lawn.
- Check trees and other landscaping for winter damage, prune as needed.
- Clean lawn furniture and check to make sure they are in safe working condition.
- If you are planning a new garden, loosen the soil and add compost to condition the soil. This should be done after it has thawed and dried out some, but before it becomes too dry and compacted.
- Plant cold-crop vegetables such as peas and carrots for an early harvest.
- Repair any cracks in your driveway with patching compound or concrete caulk. Spring is also a great time to reseal driveways.
- Sharpen your shears, hoes, shovels and apply a light coating of oil to wood handles. Prepare your motorized equipment like mowers and tillers for the year with a tune-up, oil change, clean air filter and sharpening of the blades.